Revolutionising Traditional Blood Pressure Monitoring
November 2, 2022
The healthcare revolution that is Video-based Blood pressure monitoring.
Liorra Vital Check is our brand-new blood pressure monitoring feature. We’re so excited about this innovative benefit for our customers’ clients, and how much impact it will have in improving health and wellness for so many end-users. Here’s a rundown of why Liorra.io’s, award-winning, remote or on-site blood pressure monitoring is going to be such a serious game-changer.
Until now, cumbersome devices or dedicated hardware were needed to monitor blood pressure, this will soon cease to be the norm. With the help of Liorra.io’s software people will be able to have blood pressure monitored from their smartphone, laptop, tablet and other camera-equipped devices – from anywhere, and at any time that they need it.
Why is monitoring blood pressure such a critical thing?
Blood pressure is known as the silent killer, mainly because it can often have no symptoms at all, and yet is a risk factor for heart disease, heart failure and stroke – as well as many other critical and even fatal diseases. Known as hypertension, blood pressure causes or contributes to 7.6 million deaths each year worldwide. Shockingly, studies show that only about a quarter of adults with hypertension have their condition under control. As the signs and the symptoms of high blood pressure are often misunderstood – the only real way to know whether you suffer from hypertension and to take the right steps to keep it under control, is to regularly monitor your blood pressure. Right now, the AMA reports that worldwide, 64% of adults have no idea what a high blood pressure reading looks like, and only 10% think that this is a priority in the first place.
The benefits of Liorra.io’s blood pressure monitoring?
In-person blood pressure monitoring periodically at health facilities may not occur as often as needed. Blood pressure readings can easily be anomalous due to stress, diet or even sitting incorrectly – so it’s important for clinicians and other stakeholders to be able to get regular, frequent data on blood pressure for longer periods of time, both to set a benchmark and also to spot changes at the earliest possible stages. If remote blood pressure monitoring can be implemented to enable end-users to monitor it and share it with carers anytime and from any location that they are, the newfound visibility into such a critical vital sign will provide many benefits, including:
• Reducing the burden of disease: By providing users with visibility into blood pressure, they are empowered to take charge of their health and make smart changes for the better. This can lessen the pressure and burden on healthcare providers, address the growing skills shortage in healthcare, and contribute to a healthier public and workforce.
• Reduced costs for health insurers: As so many people don’t even know they have raised blood pressure, it stands to reason that this is an important metric to track for insurers and coverage providers. Remotely tracking blood pressure reduces the cost of medical appointments and helps to reduce the number of claims by acting on risk factors early and even ahead of time.
• Faster underwriting and claims processing for insurers: Underwriting can still take days to months to complete and according to one study, over 60% of client complaints were about claims processing. Now, insurers can use remote blood pressure monitoring to improve STP models by using real-time data to identify high and low-risk clients, corroborate claims with real-time health data, accelerate claims processing, and reduce fraud.
• Smarter telehealth: Remote healthcare was accelerated by the pandemic, but it’s by no means a flash in the pan. Monitoring blood pressure remotely can open up services to underserved or rural communities, providing accurate data without the need for in-person visits. Doctors and nurses can save precious time and make better assessments, diagnoses and treatment suggestions.
• Better data for all parties: Whether it’s insurance, healthcare, wellness, pharma, or another industry altogether – data is the new oil. By monitoring blood pressure remotely alongside other vital signs such as heart rate, stress levels, oxygen saturation and more, this data can be used to offer better services to the end user, and to encourage greater health and wellbeing across the board.
These are just some of the many benefits Liorra Vital Check provides to its clients and their users.